Product no.: ABC3546
Maserati delivered the chassis to the Frua workshops on 9 February 1956. It appears in the factory archives as 'internal engine number 76, 2 Marelli ignition coils, Frua 2-4 seater Berlinetta, black paintwork and ivory upholstery, Veglia instruments.'
Although it had already been delivered to its new owner, the car was exhibited at the Paris Motor Show in the Grand Palais on October 1956. Such practice was not uncommon at a time when firms like Maserati produced their touring models one at a time, with importers only buying them after receiving definitive orders. An article by Giovani Lurani in Auto Italiana, dated 30 October 1956, talks of a '2,000cm3 six-cylinder Maserati GT, color black with a deluxe finish.'
Pietro Frua was an Italian automotive designer. He designed over 210 vehicles, including for several German series manufacturers, and had a significant impact on the development of automotive design, especially in the 1960s.