The 410 was Ferrari’s top sports-racing car in 1955 and effectively replaced the 375 Plus which won Le Mans in 1954. It was specifically designed for a race stretching up the newly built Mexican highway called the Carrera Panamerica and was named ‘Carrera Messicana’ internally by Ferrari.
Scaglietti was essentially a quazi-factory effort in the fifties and bodied almost all of Ferrari’s factory race cars. Many designs to come from Scaglietti were based on another carozzeria’s design, but a rare few Ferrari’s were completely Scaglietti. Whenever this was case, as with the 410 Sport, Scaglietti fitted their badge behind the front wheels.