The Lancia Aprilia was a mid-range vehicle produced by the Italian automobile manufacturer Lancia from 1937 to 1949. The car was delivered from the factory as a four-door sedan, and it was also possible to purchase the car without a body and have it fitted by external coachbuilders. The Lancia Aprilia was the last model developed with the direct participation of Vincenzo Lancia. A technical innovation of the vehicle, in addition to the extensively tested body, was the rear independent wheel suspension, which initially caused skepticism. The sales figures of the Lancia Aprilia initially suffered from reservations about the independent wheel suspensions - after these had proven to be technically innovative and reliable, however, the sales figures rose significantly.
Between 1924 and 1926, the road system in Italy was changed from left-hand traffic to right-hand traffic - but the Lancia Aprilia was still delivered as a right-hand drive.
The car was produced without interruption during the Second World War, but fewer than 200 examples were made between 1943 and 1945. The Lancia Aprilia weighed 900 kg with a wheelbase of 2750 mm, the height of the car was 1455 mm, the length 3960 mm and the width varied between 1470 and 1530 mm. A total of 27,636 examples of the vehicle were produced, of which 7,553 were coupes
The bodybuilder Hermann Graber was a Swiss manufacturer of automobile bodies based in Wichtrach (Canton Bern), who designed and produced numerous special bodies for European and American chassis between 1926 and 1970. Some of Graber's creations won beauty awards before and after World War II. Graber was an exceptional talent and bodyworked a total of over 800 luxurious vehicles. He built most of the bodies on the chassis from Alvis.