The Lancia Aprilia (1937–1949) was a revolutionary car, one of the first designed using wind tunnel in collaboration with Battista Farina and Politecnico di Torino, achieving a record low drag coefficient of 0.47. The berlinetta aerodinamica was first shown in 1936. Production commenced in February 1937, the month in which the firm's founder died. The first series (mod. 238, 10,354 units, 1937–39) featured a 1,352 cc V4 motor providing 47 bhp (35 kW). The second series (mod. 438, 9,728 units, 1939–49) had its engine capacity increased to 1,486 cc, which provided 48 bhp (36 kW). With the Aprilia Lancia followed their tradition of offering cars with the steering wheel on the right even in markets seen by other manufacturers as left hand drive markets.
In 1938 began appearing in Italian races the first Lancia Aprilia prepared according to the regulations of the National Sports category. The debut was that of Luigi Villoresi who won the Mille Miglia with a spider Zagato.
The Aprilia Sport was commissioned in 1936 by Enrico Minetti, a Lancia dealer based in Milan. Zagato made three examples, all with different studies of bodywork inspired by aviation. The third and last car built was with an advanced and aerodynamic body. The cars were used in many races, including the Mille Miglia and the Circuito di Pescara, driven by Eugenio Minetti, son of Enrico and Luigi Villoresi, under the colors of the Scuderia Ambrosiana which were founders. All three cars have now disappeared.