Product no.: 43047T7
Four Experimental Phantom cars were commissioned by Rolls-Royce in the 1920’s that would be capable of hitting 100mph. 17EX was one of it, made by coach-builder Jarvis of Wimbledon in 1928. After 4500 miles of test, it was sold to Maharaja Hari Singh Bahadur of India. In the 1976 the car passed in the hands of 2 Italian enthusiasts. In the 1990’s a full restoration started, a Dutch owner acquired it even before the work was completed. In 2004 the restoration was completed. The car took part to the 2006 Concorso Villa D’Este; it was awarded the Trofeo Rolls-Royce for the “Most elegant Rolls-Royce”. It was sold again to the RM Auctions Automobiles of London Sale in November 2009. 17EX only made it to a projected 92mph; perhaps actual owner will optimise this car to make Henry Royce dreams happen!